Woodstock 50 Has Officially Been Canceled

Even though we had high hopes for Woodstock 50, it now looks like the often-delayed, plague-ridden music festival that was supposed to go down in just a few weeks has officially been called off.

Variety is reporting that multiple sources have confirmed the news, with many of the vendors and stakeholders being informed of the cancellation as of this morning. There’s also an official statement that was released that tries to explain how the 50th anniversary celebration made a turn for the worse.

Read the official statement from Woodstock co-founder Michael Lang below:


“We are saddened that a series of unforeseen setbacks has made it impossible to put on the Festival we imagined with the great line-up we had booked and the social engagement we were anticipating. When we lost the Glen and then Vernon Downs we looked for a way to do some good rather than just cancel. We formed a collaboration with HeadCount to do a smaller event at the Merriweather Pavilion to raise funds for them to get out the vote and for certain NGOs involved in fighting climate change. We released all the talent so any involvement on their part would be voluntary. Due to conflicting radius issues in the DC area many acts were unable to participate and others passed for their own reasons. I would like to encourage artists and agents, who all have been fully paid, to donate 10% of their fees to HeadCount or causes of their choice in the spirit of peace. Woodstock remains committed to social change and will continue to be active in support of HeadCount’s critical mission to get out the vote before the next election. We thank the artists, fans and partners who stood by us even in the face of adversity. My thoughts turn to Bethel and its celebration of our 50th Anniversary to reinforce the values of compassion, human dignity, and the beauty of our differences embraced by Woodstock.”

— Michael Lang, Woodstock co-founder


After losing major headliners, including JAY-Z and most recently Miley Cyrus, the music festival organizers were still hoping to put on a show at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Baltimore for Aug. 16 to 18, even going so far as to make it free to attend. Hopefully they can find a way to honor the Woodstock legacy because it truly does hold huge significance in music history.

Were you planning on attending Woodstock 50? Let us know over on our Facebook and Twitter, and peep one of our favorite memories from the original Woodstock 1969 festival below from the legend Jimi Hendrix:

The post Woodstock 50 Has Officially Been Canceled appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Busta Rhymes Flips Out on Passenger on Flight to London

Woo hah! Busta Rhymes put a passenger in check on a flight to London.

Shortly before take-off in New York on Monday evening, the rapper reportedly got into a heated confrontation with another passenger for putting her belongings in his first-class luggage space.

According to The Daily Mail, Busta boarded a British Airways flight at JFK Airport just before the doors closed carrying five bags. He discovered that his overhead bin was already occupied before demanding: “Who’s got all their stuff in my locker?”

According to witnesses, he became “agitated, aggressive, and rude” as he hurled insults at a British woman in her late 20s, who began crying after he shouted at her.

“He was ranting and raving, getting really angry and demanding to know why she had used his locker,” said one witness. “He told her to move her stuff immediately.”

Her husband eventually intervened and told him to stop being rude to his wife, who offered to move her luggage from the bin. “The husband was trying to diffuse the situation, to which Busta replied, ‘Let’s go homeboy.’”

As the argument escalated, other passengers got involved and another called British Airways staff to intervene. Passengers were given the option to exit the plane and catch a later flight.

When the plane arrived at London’s Heathrow Airport on Tuesday morning, Busta was met by police officers at the request of a passenger, but was not arrested.

“Officers at Heathrow were requested by the airline of an inbound plane to Heathrow Airport from the US to attend following an alleged verbal altercation involving several passengers,” said a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police. “They boarded the plane once it had landed … and spoke to the parties involved. There were no reported injuries, and no offenses disclosed.”

British Airways also confirmed to Page Six that an incident occurred on board: “Our cabin crew and Captain reassured all the customers involved. All those in the cabin were given the option of moving away, and the flight did not depart until everyone confirmed that they were happy to continue.”

Busta performed on the Greek island of Mykonos on Tuesday and is set to perform at Romania’s UNTOLD Festival on Friday.


Source: Rap-Up.com

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Rick Ross Claims Kodak Black Was on Lean When he Disrespected Lauren London

Rick Ross is currently on a press run promoting his highly-anticipated project, Port of Miami 2.

His most recent stop was at Big Boy’s Neighborhood and he was asked to explain his relationship to Kodak Black, considering they have a collaboration together. More specifically, Ross was asked if he advised the young rapper about his disrespectful comments towards his late friend’s girlfriend, Lauren London.

It may surprise you, but Rozay gave him the pass because he “respects the streets.”

“I got some homies that’s close to Kodak they sent the energy that of course homie didn’t mean no true disrespect,” said Ross, detailing the fact that he never actually had a conversation with the Project Baby about the shade. He then went on to blame drugs for Kodak’s erratic behavior, saying that his lean usage likely prompted the comment. “You know, me knowing Kodak, I know that Tussionex mixing with that lean will have you say some things. You may hear it a few days later and just realize what it was. But me knowing Kodak, I know he respects the streets. I know he wouldn’t disrespect Nipsey Hussle,” he said.

What are your thoughts? Check out the full interview below:

The post Rick Ross Claims Kodak Black Was on Lean When he Disrespected Lauren London appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

YBN CORDAE | FUNK FLEX | #Freestyle130

Source: HOT 97 on YouTube

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Sabrina Claudio Debuts New Single ‘Holding the Gun’

Sabrina Claudio is dangerously in love on her new single “Holding the Gun.”

On the smoky slow jam, the R&B songstress celebrates a love that has no limits. “My love for you is infinite / I’d ride and die and live in it,” she sings. “And if my life depends on it / I’d use my last breath to tell you this.”

In the cinematic companion video, Claudio and her man are on the run. The wanted couple drives through the desert in a vintage red convertible on their Bonnie & Clyde-inspired journey.

“‘Holding the Gun’ symbolizes loyalty and an everlasting type of love,” explains Sabrina. “I wanted to make sure that showing violence was not a factor within the visual as violence, conceptually, isn’t what the song is about. The blood and insinuation of crime represents the lengths one would go when so deeply in love.”

“Holding the Gun” marks the first single from Sabrina’s new project, due later this year. The track follows her recent collaborations with Wale (“All My Love”) and BURNS and A$AP Rocky (“Energy”).

This fall, Sabrina will embark on her “Truth Is Tour.” The North American trek kicks off Sept. 21 in Los Angeles and travels across U.S. and Canada through early November.


Source: Rap-Up.com

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Kevin Hart to Star and Produce in ‘Action Scene’ On Quibi

Love him or hate him, Kevin Hart is one of the hardest working comics in the game. He’s always cooking up something. Deadline reports that Kevin Hart will star in the Quibi original series Action Scene, a comedic action-thriller based on the frenetic opening scene of his 2016 concert film Kevin Hart: What Now? His company Laugh Out Loud is producing.

According to the description, “Action Scene will feature Hart playing a fictionalized version of himself on a quest to land the action-movie role of a lifetime. After being rejected for the role, Kevin randomly encounters a leading A-List action movie star. Their meeting inadvertently sets off a chain of events that force Hart to fight his way through a series of over-the-top action sequences with the help of some of Hollywood’s biggest action movie heroes.”

Hart will executive produce in addition to starring. Jeff Clanagan, Laugh Out Loud’s president and Hart’s long-time business partner, will serve as a producer on the project. Dave Becky will also executive produce.

“I couldn’t be more excited to bring big action and even bigger laughs to a new audience through this partnership between Quibi and Laugh Out Loud,” said Hart. “Our teams are working together to create something truly unique and I can’t wait for viewers to see it all unfold.”

Hart joins Thomas Lennon, Steven Spielberg, Darren Criss, Peter Farrelly, Liam Hemsworth, and Tyra Banks who all have projects on Quibi.

The post Kevin Hart to Star and Produce in ‘Action Scene’ On Quibi appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Swae Lee Has Found The One At Disney World: “She Said Yes”

Swae Lee

Rae Sremmurd’s Swae Lee looks like he’s ready to tie the knot. The hip-hop star went to social media this week to share a hilarious pic of himself looking cuffed up with Walt Disney character Cinderella.

Lee went to Instagram Wednesday to show off the hilarious shot of himself proposing to Cindy.

Recently, music mogul Russell Simmons‘ daughter Aoki Simmons went to Instagram to rip his girlfriend Marliesia for taking shots at her sister Ming over a pic she posted of herself and Swae.

This ultimately inspired Marlie to come forward and spark a legit feud with Aoki.

The drama initially started when Ming Lee tossed up a pic of herself hanging out alongside Swae Lee.

View this post on Instagram

We see y’all #MingLeeSimmons #SwaeLee 👀👀

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on

The post Swae Lee Has Found The One At Disney World: “She Said Yes” appeared first on SOHH.com.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Video Shows A$AP Rocky’s Bodyguard Choking Alleged Victim

While A$AP Rocky’s trial is underway in Sweden, a new video has surfaced showing his bodyguard attacking the alleged victim.

In the surveillance video, obtained by TMZ, the security guard appears to grab Mustafa Jafari by his throat, lift him off the ground, and carry him down the street.

The footage was reportedly captured before the street brawl broke out and before Jafari threw a punch at the bodyguard and hit him with his headphones. The 19-year-old claims he was acting in self-defense and was not charged for punching the security guard. The bodyguard was also not charged despite the video evidence.

Earlier this week, Rocky and two other men pleaded not guilty to assault following the June 30 incident in Stockholm. Swedish prosecutors allege that the men “deliberately, together, and in agreement” attacked Jafari.

Rocky’s lawyer, Slobodan Jovicic, said that his client acted in “self-defense” after being followed and harassed by two men, including Jafari. Jovicic says Jafari broke his headphones himself when he tried to punch the bodyguard, who was just “doing his job.”

During Tuesday’s testimony in court, Jafari said he was punched at least 20 times by all four men in the group. “I felt they were going to beat me to death,” he said.

He is seeking about $16,000 in compensation for injuries and lost income. If convicted, Rocky faces up to two years in prison.


Source: Rap-Up.com

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Young M.A Threatens BIG Director To Drop New Video – “I’m Gonna F**king Harass You Bro”

Young M.A Video

New York rapper Young M.A is tired of waiting. The hip-hop artist has come forward to single out the person responsible for holding up her fire new “BIG” single.

M.A went to Instagram Wednesday and didn’t hold back on going off.

The director – Marc ‘The Wolf” Diamond made sure to respond to M.A’s remarks by promising the video would soon drop.

Earlier this summer, M.A dropped her hard-hitting new record.

The post Young M.A Threatens BIG Director To Drop New Video – “I’m Gonna F**king Harass You Bro” appeared first on SOHH.com.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Young Miami Reacts To Kodak Black Saying He Will Kick Her Stomach

Source: HOT 97 on YouTube

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •