Morgan Wallen Eyes Kendrick Lamar Collaboration

Fresh off his Lil Durk collaboration, Morgan Wallen is eyeing a collaboration with Kendrick Lamar.

During a Clubhouse chat with Druski, the embattled country crooner revealed that he primarily listens to hip-hop and Moneybagg Yo is among his favorite artists.

“I do love Moneybagg… He’s definitely at the top of the list,” Wallen said, according to Variety. “Honestly, my top stuff on Spotify was all hip-hop. … Moneybagg is probably my favorite. And I listened to a lot of Young Dolph — RIP. I listened to Drake’s new album. I listen to Kanye. … I’ve been listening to a little bit of Gunna. I like him pretty good.”

But when asked who he would like to collaborate with most, he set his sights on King Kendrick. “But like overall, ever… I’m trying to think of not just in the past little bit… Kendrick Lamar would be pretty cool,” he added.

A Kendrick collab might be a longshot as the Compton rapper once famously shut down a white fan for singing the N-word on stage during an Alabama music festival.

While his N-word controversy was not brought up during Clubhouse, Wallen was asked how his country/hip-hop crossover record with Durk, “Broadway Girls,” came together.

“Durk commented on my Instagram…. So I hit him up,” he said. “Me and him had been talking a little bit throughout the year and kind of developed a friendship.”

Wallen posted a snippet of the song on Instagram and it caught Durk’s attention. “I was like, ‘I don’t know if you’re serious [about collaborating] or not, but here’s a couple of versions.’ And he took the song… I said, ‘I’m not gonna put out an album for a while. If you just want to throw this on yours, go ahead.’ So he did and I’m super pumped about it.”

“Broadway Girls” is off to a strong start, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. It comes less than a year after a video surfaced of Wallen using the N-word after a drunken night out with friends. Amid the controversy, he was suspended by his record label and radio stations stopped playing his music, but his album Dangerous: The Double Album still remained the best-selling album of 2021.

Source: Rap-Up.com

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Trey Songz Accused of Rape By Basketball Player Dylan Gonzalez

Trey Songz is facing more scathing accusations.

On Thursday night (Dec. 30), former University of Las Vegas women’s basketball star Dylan Gonzalez put the R&B singer on blast, alleging that he is a rapist.

Trey Songz is a rapist,” Gonzalez told her Twitter and Instagram followers. “Lord forgive me I Couldn’t hold that in another year. See you in 2022.”

Gonzalez did not specify whether she personally was a victim, but this would not be the first time Trey has been accused of sexual assault.

In November, police were investigating sexual abuse claims against Trey following his 37th birthday at a Las Vegas nightclub, however, no arrests were made.

Keke Palmer previously exposed Trey for his questionable behavior, claiming he “secretly filmed” her and used “sexual intimidation” to coerce her into appearing in his 2017 video for “Pick Up the Phone.” Trey responded to the accusations, writing, “Babygirl buggin. Point blank period.”

Last year, socialite Celina Powell accused Trey of holding her “hostage” and sexually assaulting her in a hotel bathroom. Trey responded to the accusations in a series of tweets.

“I usually stay quiet on this, but I feel that in many ways the movement to fight for the women who actually have suffered harassment and abuse on various levels, has been hijacked by those who find it convenient for themselves to come up as they seek to destroy someone’s life,” he wrote.

Trey also shared texts from other women who have accused him of sexual abuse, including one Jane Doe who sued him for $10 million for sexually assaulting her in a Miami nightclub. In April, he reached a settlement with the alleged victim.

Source: Rap-Up.com

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Nigerian Artist Fireboy DML and Ed Sheeran Take “Peru” to The Next Level

Fireboy DML Ed Sheeran

Nigerian artist Fireboy DML taps Grammy winning singer and songwriter Ed Sheeran for the ultimate collaboration on a new version of “Peru.” Originally released in July, via YBNL Nation / EMPIRE.

Fireboy tells the story of a woman that captures his soul then continues to grab his attention around the world as he travels from Jozi, Miami to San Francisco. Sheeran’s voice echoes over an Afrobeat backdrop, “Pour up the bottle I wanna level up. When I’m with you I never get enough. Slow whine, I’m not in a rush.”

The “Jealous” singer shares his excitement of their pairing in a statement released via his publicist.

“It has been a dream knowing Ed Sheeran is a fan of my sound and having him jump on a song that was inspired by me traveling the world. Not only is this an exciting moment for me, but also for Afrobeats.

I hope this is the first of many collaborations with Ed and other artists around the globe, and I can’t wait for everyone to enjoy this song during the holidays.”

To date “Peru” has amassed over 75 million streams and is currently the second most streamed song in Nigeria. The new single and video arrives several weeks before Fireboy embarks on his first-ever Apollo U.S. tour kicking off in February.

Check out the video from Fireboy DML and Ed Sheeran below.

Stream and download “Peru” here

Share your thoughts with us on social media.

The post Nigerian Artist Fireboy DML and Ed Sheeran Take “Peru” to The Next Level appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Celebrity Business Manager, Angela Kukawski Murdered In California

nicki minaj kim kardashian

A Los Angeles business manager to the stars is dead, her boyfriend charged with her murder.

Authorities announced Wednesday that Angela Kukawski had been found dead inside her car last week in Simi Valley, California.

The 55-year-old’s clients had included the Kardashians, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Offset, and the estate of Tupac Shakur.

Minaj posted a tribute to Kukawski Wednesday calling the mother of five the “hardest working, most reliable, sweetest person you could ever know.”

According to reports, authorities believe Kukawski was killed by her boyfriend, 49-year-old Jason Baker, in a home they shared together, then “placed her inside her vehicle” and driven to Simi Valley where her body was later found.

Barker, is being held on three-million-dollars bond. He is facing a slew of charges including one count of premeditated murder.

Share your thoughts with us on social media.

The post Celebrity Business Manager, Angela Kukawski Murdered In California appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

HOT 97’s Biggest Stories Of The Year!

Source: HOT 97 on YouTube

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Tyler, the Creator Refutes Idea of Ever Changing His Rap Name

his rap name tyler, the creator

Reportedly Tyler, the Creator will not be changing his rap name any time soon.

In a series of since-deleted tweets, Tyler refuted the idea of ever changing his moniker and suggested his words were taken out of context.

The news comes after an interview with Fast Company where the Odd Future leader mentioned he had contemplated switching up his stage name.

Tyler talked about his rap name and suggested he might have made the wrong choice when picking a stage name. He also admitted he’s been thinking of changing it, calling the moniker “really dumb.”

The interview comes as Tyler is currently promoting his new fashion endeavor GOLF le FLEUR*.

Share your thoughts with us on social media.

The post Tyler, the Creator Refutes Idea of Ever Changing His Rap Name appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Nardo Wick Says “Robbing Ain’t Cool” After Sharing His Back Story in an Interview

1080

“Who Want Smoke?” rapper Nardo Wick was a guest on the Big Facts podcast and spoke about his past life. During the conversation, he would detail that at a younger age he preferred to rob people as opposed to getting a legal job.

“I would just look at it like, I would go rob a n*gga and get this much, why would I go to work for a week?” he said. “If I go do this to somebody and get $7,000, $5,000, why I’m finna go to work for two weeks and make $500? Hell no.”

After his comments were condemned online, Nardo Wick would visit his Instagram to detail it was his personal history and advocate for not robbing and instead of chasing your dreams.

“I’m not tryna influence nobody to go rob nobody, the asked a question about MY PAST and I answered it, That’s what I was doing when I was 15-16 years old, A product of my environment,” Wick opened. “My mama had just came home from prison and it was a hard time for us and we ain’t have nothing. I would never tell or try to convince a young black man or anyone period to crash out!”

Nardo would detail that he changed his life and took rap seriously because he “wouldn’t make it” if he continued on the path that he was on. He would then go on to detail “there is nothing wrong with a job.”

“Robbin ain’t cool at all and I ain’t try to make it seem cool I was speaking on past events,” Wick added. “Y’all stay focused and chase y’all dreams.”

The post Nardo Wick Says “Robbing Ain’t Cool” After Sharing His Back Story in an Interview appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Safaree on Kanye West: “I Really Hate How He’s Dressing”

Safaree Samuels Threatens To Leave Love and Hip Hop Following Controversy With Erica Mena

Safaree has become the surveyor of style. In a moment on Twitter, Safaree hit the timeline and took aim at Kanye West’s fashion selection.

“I’ve always been a Kanye fan but I really hate how he’s dressing these last 2 years,” Safaree shared. “He use to be inspiration with clothes and jewelry. Now this guy just wears hoodies and black gloves and it bothers me.”

After posting the tweet, The Shade Room also caught Tank replying, putting Safaree on blast. “Says the guy with no clothing line, no clothing endorsements, and absolutely no fashion sense,” Tank wrote.

Safaree’s response: “Hey I use to be a fan of you… now you suck.”

You can see their back and forth here.

The post Safaree on Kanye West: “I Really Hate How He’s Dressing” appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

[WATCH] Kanye West Links with Scarface for a Studio Session

Kanye West Links with Scarface for a Studio Session

Kanye West and Brad Jordan hit the studio. A new silent video shows Ye and Scarface in the studio. In the clip, Kanye is on the keys and Scarface can be seen head nodding in approval.

Back in November, hinted at wrapping up his Hip-Hop career, announcing a farewell show in his hometown of Houston. HipHopDX notes, Scarface announced the show on an episode of the Geto Boys Reloaded podcast.

Speaking with Willie D, Scarface revealed he is ready to end his career and happy to do so on his terms. “The cool part about it is, I get to say farewell twice,” Scarface said. “I get to go out there and say farewell by myself, and then I get to say it with you.”

Scarface would also reflect on if he could produce at the level he did in the past. “I probably could never write like that again. But it’s a beautiful thing when you’re able to express yourself with words and people fall in love with your ability to deliver a story.”

What better way to go out than with a new banger alongside Ye?

The post [WATCH] Kanye West Links with Scarface for a Studio Session appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Michael Blackson Defends Ice Cube in ‘Friday’ Pay Debate

Michael Blackson Defends Ice Cube in 'Friday' Pay Debate

Earlier this week, Ice Cube defended himself after fans questioned how he paid his actors in the 1995 film Friday. Also defending Cube is comedian Michael Blackson who stated he became who he is today for his cameo appearance in Next Friday.

“@icecube is not to blamed for us getting paid so little it’s the film industry’s pay scale,” Michael Blackson said on Twitter. “I got paid $800 a day when I did Next Friday plus overtime I made $1200 for my one day’s work of ‘I can’t get giggy with this shit.’ Thanks to next Friday I became the biggest African comic.”

And then the jokes came in, “When I film my movie I’m paying new actors in food and coochie, that’s my minimum wage modasucka.”

On Tuesday, Faizon Love, who played Big Worm, stated that he was only paid $2,500 for his role. Speaking with Comedy Hype, Love stated he was offered double to bring the role back but denied the offer.

A fan hit Twitter and accused Ice Cube of “robbing” actors, leading to a reply from the music and film legend.

Faizon Love as Big Worm in Friday

“I didn’t rob no fuckin body,” Cube opened. “The 1995 Friday movie cost $2.3m to make. Shot it in 20 days. Fazion worked 1 day, maybe 2. All the actors got paid scale to do the movie. They could’ve simple said “No” but they didn’t. So miss me with that shit…”

Cube would also address that Chris Tucker didn’t return due to money.

“We were ready to pay Chris Tucker $10-12m to do Next Friday but he turned us down for religious reasons,” Cube wrote. “He didn’t want to cuss or smoke weed on camera anymore.”

Faizon Love would also chime in:

Earlier this year, Chris Tucker highlighted the reasons he didn’t return, which align with Cube’s reasoning.

“Back then, I gotta tell you, once of the reasons why I didn’t do the second one is because of the weed,” Tucker said. “Because I said, ‘Man, that movie became a phenomenon. I don’t want everybody smokin’ weed.’ I never really told people this because I kinda forgot about it but it was one of the reasons why I didn’t do it. Because I said, ‘I don’t want to represent everyone smokin’ weed.’ I kinda made it more personal than a movie and that’s one of the reasons I said, ‘Nah, I don’t want to keep doing that character.’”

Back in January, Tucker revealed he was only paid $10,000 for his role in the film. “It’s one of those things —it was just a small movie. We filmed it in 20 days. I got about $10,000 for it or whatever, I didn’t care. I wanted the opportunity,” he told Shannon Sharpe on his Club Shay Shay podcast.

“It was that small of a movie, but that was the beauty of it. It allowed me to get into character. It wasn’t no big distractions like big movie sets. You got light people and sound people and everybody wanna be a star. But that movie was just a camera and me and Cube on the porch. Magic came out of it, thank God.”

The post Michael Blackson Defends Ice Cube in ‘Friday’ Pay Debate appeared first on The Source.

Click Here to Discuss in the Forums

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •