Floyd Mayweather put on his tap shoes, top hat, and white gloves in front of the Gucci store last week in the wake of the blackface controversy the brand is contending with. Despite calls from protests from T.I., including a scathing diss track from the ATL rapper, Money Mayweather is delightfully cooning in a new photo draped in all Gucci.
In the photo posted to his Instagram account, Mayweather stunts in a dark blue Gucci top with matching socks, cut-off jeans, and white Gucci sneakers while striking a Twitter honey pose in front of a mirror.
Captioned “BORN A LEADER,” the photo appears to be in direct response to T.I.’s “F**k N***a” takedown and calls from Black leadership to not rock with Gucci’s clothing after the blackface sweater image went public.
One one hand, some can say Mayweather doesn’t owe the world anything and can wear what he wants but this over-the-top response just proves that he totally missed the point of the protests. Solidarity in the face of racist attacks is dope, not doubling down on the coon caping.
Detroit rapper Royce Da 5’9 just gave HBO the biggest co-sign of 2019. The hip-hop veteran hit up social media Tuesday to call the network’s now-legendary “The Wire” series the best thing to ever happen to television.
New York rapper Cardi B is making sure there’s no invasion of privacy into her personal life. Instead, the hip-hop superstar continues to give fans an up-close look including footage of husband Offset moments before going to get her womanly parts treated.
1:22 PM PST — Roy Richter — who serves as the president of the Captains Endowment Association, a union that reps Emanuel Gonzalez — tells TMZ … the allegation that Gonzalez told fellow officers to shoot 50 Cent on sight last year is completely false. Richter tells us Gonzalez never said that, and that he completely denies any suggestion he did. In fact, Richter says it was 50 who put Gonzalez’s safety at risk by allegedly publishing a threatening tweet. (TMZ)
According to a report from New York Daily News, the “In da Club” rapper, 43, was scheduled to attend an NYPD-sanctioned boxing match in June 2018 when deputy inspector Emmanuel Gonzalez allegedly made the threatening remarks. “Mr. Jackson takes this threat very seriously and is consulting with his legal counsel regarding his options going forward,” a spokesman for 50 Cent (né Curtis Jackson) said in a statement to PEOPLE. “He is concerned that he was not previously advised of this threat by the NYPD and even more concerned that Gonzalez continues to carry a badge and a gun.” (People)
Last week, Cardi temporarily pulled the plug on her millions of IG followers.
Cardi B deactivated her Instagram page on Monday night after a tumultuous day that should have been one of the best of her life. One day after winning the Grammy for Best Rap Album, Cardi responded to the backlash over her historic victory with a video where she ranted, “I’m seeing a lot of bulls**t today and I saw a lot of s**t last night and I’m sick of this s**t. I worked hard for my motherf**king album.” The rapper then got drawn into a controversy with BET and Nicki Minaj after the cable network shaded Nicki in a post that was supposed to celebrate Cardi’s win. (The Blast)
Michael Rapaport tried it. During the NBA All-Star Game, the actor/comedian took a jab at Meek Mill after his opening performance referring to him as a “trash rapper.” Rapaport also stated the Dreamchaser had no flow and also took a swipe at the rapper over this now buried beef with Drake through a barrage of tweets, that really, no one asked for.
Meek Mill, great story.
Somebody alerted Meek about Michael’s words and Meek had a few words of his own to shoot back on Twitter. “Aye @michealrapaport don’t ever use the word trash when you speaking on nothing from our culture unless you tryna get trashed,” Meek tweeted. “#2 who gave you authorization to be speaking on us? #3 what you charging now? Last time I seen You you wanted a selfie.”
Proving that the selfie response wasn’t just a joke, Meek then shared the image Rapaport took.
Me:ayo yo who this?
Anonymous: I think it’s the guy from white men can jump?
Him: meek you so fire you give me that feeling what hip hop is missing ima fan “can I get a selfie”? Hurry up go head pic.twitter.com/GJoMZotqG9
Offset is looking to put the game on his back. Tweeting “PROMISE I WILL NOT LET U DOWN,” one-third of Migos is prepared to unleash his solo debut album, a couple of months after Quavo and Takeoff delivered efforts back-to-back.
We first received word that Offset’s album will be coming when he released a trailer during the Grammys that let us into his world. Not only will we get an album, but also a documentary. We also know that the February 22 release will be produced by Metro Boomin and Southside only.
Aside from that information, much is not known about the debut album from Offset. With the day approaching, it appears that we will continue to get reveals leading up to Friday. Be sure to check back for more information on the project. You can get your first listen courtesy of “Red Room.”